We encountered several slow running batch jobs last night and the only thing
that stood out was the following entry when the operator command SHOW ACTIVE
was entered:

User Agent: 4 User ID: ONLINE   is R/O  APPL  2431F6FE
   Agent is processing and is in out of block  wait.

I have been searching off and on through the manuals today and I still cannot
find any reference to the
"Agent is processing and is in out of block wait"
condition, and what it is attributed to.

I suspect it has something to do with a shortage of the lock request blocks
allowed and available for an active user, but I cannot find anything that
actually tells me that.

Anyone have any knowledge about what this message means?

Thank you
Bill Pettit