From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Bill Pettit
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 5:20 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: VM DB2 7.3 question

We encountered several slow running batch jobs last night and the only
thing that stood out was the following entry when the operator command
SHOW ACTIVE was entered:

User Agent: 4 User ID: ONLINE   is R/O  APPL  2431F6FE
   Agent is processing and is in out of block  wait.

I have been searching off and on through the manuals today and I still
cannot find any reference to the
"Agent is processing and is in out of block wait"
condition, and what it is attributed to.

I suspect it has something to do with a shortage of the lock request
blocks allowed and available for an active user, but I cannot find
anything that actually tells me that.

Anyone have any knowledge about what this message means?

Thank you
Bill Pettit