From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On Behalf
Of Mike Walter
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 15:13
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBMVM] z/VM 6.1 Install

Dennis,
That solves the FTP multiple file to an MDISK problem.

But how does on UNZIP a ZIPed file on VM?  Was there a step in the
instructions that explains that?  Mea culpa: I have not looked.
Or do we have to download the (probably big honkin') files to a PC, unzip
them there, and then transfer them back to z/VM?  <sigh>
I hope not!

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
The opinions expressed herein are mine alone, not my employer's.

"O'Brien, Dennis L" <dennis.l.o'br...@bankofamerica.com>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
02/02/2010 03:21 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: z/VM 6.1 Install

Richard,
MPUT accepts wildcards.

Please let us know how using the VM FTP server works out.  I tried it with
z/VM 5.1.0, and it wasn't very happy with the lack of file types on the
input files.  I don't recall the exact details, but things could certainly
have changed since then.
                                                         Dennis O'Brien

"See, I'm a man of simple tastes. I like dynamite, and gunpowder... And
gasoline! Do you know what all of these things have in common? They're
cheap!"  -- Heath Ledger as The Joker, in The Dark Knight