From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of fjpohlen-maill...@gmx.de
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:28 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: question to DS8000 and Flashcopy activation

Hi all,

I have to setup the flashcopy feature at a customer's DS8K next month. I

know how to activate an additional feature code on this machine. At
least I hope for flashcopy this works the same as an activation of
additional dasds. This I have already done some time ago. When the
activation code is installed, is there anything else necessary to
configure on this machine or can I use it directly from z/VM with the CP

FLASHCOPY command? Must I restart the DS8K after activation of the
feature code?

Any hints are welcome.

--
kind regards
Franz Josef Pohlen

This message contains information which is privileged and confidential and is
solely for the use of the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
review, disclosure,
copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have
received this in error, please destroy it immediately and notify us at
privacy...@ailife.com.