Ahhh... Now I don't have to wish the IBM internal REACC package was on
the VM downloads page.  And just FYI, hoping the Other is still away
from his desk, here is part of the help file for the internal version
- it might just be useful:

            .--*------.  .--ACCESS--.
 >>--REACC--+--label--+--+----------+--><
                         |--STACK---|
                         '--TEST----'

where label is the label of the read only disk to be checked.  If label
is not given or is * then all read only disks are checked.

Option is either STACK, ACCESS or TEST (default is ACCESS).

ACCESS accesses the changed disks matching the criteria specified by the
first parameter.

STACK causes the access commands to be stacked; the return code is set to
the number of stacked lines (changed disks).  The format of the stacked
access commands is either:

    ACCESS disk-address mode
or
    ACCESS disk-address mode/ext-mode

TEST only sets the return code to the number of changed disks.

The parameters are positional; if option is used then label must be used
also.  Note that the parameters are tokenized.  Disk labels with imbedded
blanks or special characters may not tokenize properly and so not work
when passed to REACC.

Return codes:
  0 : Normal return with ACCESS; no disks changed with TEST and STACK
 -4 : Invalid parameter
-100: Disk with label specified not found

--
Bruce Hayden
z/VM and Linux on System z ATS