The RESOURCE files for for both IPGATEs should be different:

   - on the system where your SFS lives, the RESOURCE file should NOT
   include the SFS.  If it does, and IPGATE starts before SFS, IPGATE will own
   your SYSVSFSE resource.
   - on the other system, yes, there IPGATE should tell CP it manages
   resource SYSVSFSE.   Simply set: IPGATE is kind of lying: it tells CP it is
   SYSVSFSE, hence CP routes all requests to it. IPGATE consults a table to
   find the IP address of SYSVSFSE and will use TCP/IP to send to package to
   its IPGATE friend at the other side, where IPGATE will ask CP to forward the
   package to SYSVSFSE.  At that time IPGATE will also tell CP the package is
   coming from user "xyz" instead of its own userid "IPGATE".  That's why
   IPGATE needs CP class B and RACF authority to act as if it were "xyz"

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support