Bruce,
I'm still not sure either.

I did a test today, brought down the node where the SFS server resides, re-ipled with a CPLOAD which had no RACF in it.

Brought up the sfs server and IPgate, attempted the same connection from the second system, still no luck. Only files and directories with public access are allowed.

Phil

Bruce Hayden wrote:
I don't know what is wrong.  I tried it here, creating a filespace
that doesn't have a userid in the directory, and I could access it via
IPGATE on a remote system.  You aren't, by chance, using RACF to
control SFS?  I presume you aren't since you mention PUBLIC
directories.  Maybe looking at the RACF audit data or maybe even on
the RACFVM console will give you a clue as to what authorization
request is failing.