And did you look at the consoles of both IPGATEs?

Other information: what does SFS think about your connection.  Suppose you
user userid A
- make sure user A is logged off on both systems
At the system with SFS:
- use some other user and issue Q FILEPOOL CONNECT
--> user A should not be there
At the remote system: make userA connect into SFS
At the system with SFS:
- use some other user and issue Q FILEPOOL CONNECT
--> user A should be there

Does user A have a COMDIR file?
- Issue Q COMDIR, it can report a USER and SYSTEM file
- Look inside the reported files, search for an entry
   :nick.SYSVSFSE
  if it exists it can cause misunderstandings (or it can help you)

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support