Thanks all for the suggestions.

I've used most of the sessions managers in the past.

Perhaps I can use the TN3270E alternative.

On my PC, I've had sufficient problems that I wouldn't do the same thing to
Operations, but thinking about how they use it....it just might work.

The problems I have is...

Right now, I have 10 TN3270 sessions going to VM/VTAM and half of them are
using Tubes/GCS.
Then I have 6 Putty sessions, 8 web sessions, the email client with 6 opened
emails, (when an email wants me to do something, I leave it open until I've
completed the task), 4 Word documents, 8 Explorer sessions. 2 DOS sessions,
along with a few more.  Yes, I have hit the limit of number of opened windows
in WIN/XP.  So tabbing around just isn't useful <G>.  (my task bar is 4 deep).

However, I have my second PC that I put 7 TN3270 sessions on, and tabbing
around (alt/esc) does work kind of nice...similar to tabbing on Tubes.

Next step is to configure some more ICC ports and see what problems I have
(over a month or so), with the VSE master consoles (01F) being used there.

Right now, our consoles are on real non-SNA 3270s.  Good solid connection.
VTAM is only down when the system is down.

The IP side just isn't as solid as the VTAM side.
DNS server is down.
Someone change network routing.
The license for the TN3270 product expired.
Someone unplugged something.

Some of the same problems that the SNA side use to have.  But now, no changes
to the SNA side need to be made (much more stable that way<G>).

Anyway....
Configuring the ICC for these additional sessions,
Buying standalone copies of a TN3270 product,
Replacing the 3270s with PCs,
It all might be doable, now that Macro/4 doubled the price for Tubes/GCS.

Over the next month or two, if anything else needs to be addressed.

Thanks

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> Marcy Cortes <marcy.d.cor...@wellsfargo.com> 3/11/2010 12:36 PM >>>
Yeah, us too.
I think I routinely have 8+, more at times open.  It's not that inconvenient at
all.
I just use colors in the command line to remind me where I am :)

Marcy
"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must
not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any
information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for
your cooperation."