And, if you install CPOMM's "free, as is, tool" CMMOUSE plus some REXX
scripts (requires REXX on your workstation), you can use menu's to logon
and/or do other actions.  For example when I get an 'RDR FILE FROM' message,
a mouse click on it calls "PEEK nnnn".  The Filelist file menu includes a
"download" option.

At my former customer, I had to manage many VM systems, hence many PCOMM
sessions, with such a REXX script, I changed the window title to indicate
which VM system it was connected to and which userid was logged on there.
I must admit though that these scripts were created in a VM/VTAM era,
meaning that when one selected another VM system on the LOGON popup menu
than the one connected too, my script sent a VMEXIT and waited for a VTAM
panel to then send a LOGON command to connect to the wanted VM system.
But, even with Telnet, it is still useful: I've got no scripts to go to
another VM system, but Logon, LOGON BY and window titles are still very
useful.

I can send anyone a ZIP with this stuff, but it is up to you to unravel the
logic, and to find CMMOUSE itself (I don't own that).

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support