When you "immediately take offline" the unneeded devices, I presume you
mean in some EXEC after the IPL completes?

Might the control blocks not even be built of you get a bit more picky in
SYSTEM CONFIG with:
DEVICES OFFLINE_AT_IPL rdev-rdev ... etc.

I do not know for fact, but having CP take them offline at IPL may help
reduce MONDCSS storage (and perhaps CP control block structures) with
little effort.

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
The opinions expressed herein are mine alone, not my employer's.

RPN01 <nix.rob...@mayo.edu>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
03/30/2010 01:14 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [?? Probable Spam] Re: Perfkit SAMPLE CONFIG size too small

I plan to talk to the hardware people in a moment to see if anything was
added recently?

We do have a large amount of DASD that is really owned by z/OS, which we
immediately take offline, but they?d still be in the config area.
--
Robert P. Nix          Mayo Foundation        .~.
RO-OE-5-55             200 First Street SW    /V\