From: The IBM z/VM Operating System on behalf of Gentry, Stephen
Sent: Mon 4/12/2010 10:59 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: shopzseries

What prompted the phone call to support:
I tried to log on to Shopzseries and got an error. Basically, logon
rejected, go register.  I know I'm registered because I've used
Shopzseries within the past 3 months to check on some service.  So, I
accused myself of poor typing skills and tried again.  Same results,
can't log on.  I went to ResourceLink and was able to log on with the
user id and password that I used with Shopzseries. I meandered around in
ResourceLink until I came to a webpage about ordering service. That page
had a link to Shopzseries and since I was already logged in, I thought
it would take me straight into Shopzseries. Well, it did, sort of, but I
had to log in to Shopzseries. What???  So, I try the log in process
again.  Same results, can't log in, go register.  Ok, I'll register.  I
go to that web page, type in the userid (and other required info) I used
for ResourceLink and I get an error stating that userid is already in
use.  What???  Then why won't it let me logon.
I did the reset password route.  Shopzseries still wouldn't let me log
in.  The contact support loop ensued.
IIRC, IBM went through a process of allowing users to use the same
password across all afore mentioned web pages.