Richard -

I often send CSV files with a .txt extension.  I use a TAB X'05' as a
delimiter which is the default for for .txt files.

The files are sent to user's network drive.  They start Excel, OPEN
the file and Excel recognizes the TAB delimiters and automatically
pulls the file into the spreadsheet.  Only one thing for the user to
do:  Select all, click Format -> Column -> Autofit selection.

I get no complaint from user about having to do this format.

/Fran Hensler at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA for 46 years
    mailto:f...@zvm.sru.edu  http://zvm.sru.edu/~fjh  +1.724.738.2153
              "Yes, Virginia, there is a Slippery Rock"