> I often send CSV files with a .txt extension.  I use a TAB
> X'05' as a delimiter which is the default for for .txt files.

That is what I have been providing for them. It makes no difference whether the
file is banana.txt or banana.csv, it will be opened properly by Excel.

> Only
> one thing for the user to
> do:  Select all, click Format -> Column -> Autofit selection.
>
> I get no complaint from user about having to do this format.

That is something that the people who receive my files cannot seem to remember
and cannot find in the instructions that were provided when they were actually
transferring the files themselves, so I get complaints. If I do not find a way
to handle that in all of the suggestions and code provided because of this
thread, I will simply have to add the instructions to the e-mail when I send it.

> /Fran Hensler at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania USA
> for 46 years
>     mailto:f...@zvm.sru.edu  http://zvm.sru.edu/~fjh  +1.724.738.2153
>               "Yes, Virginia, there is a Slippery Rock"

Regards,
Richard Schuh