On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:27:09 -0700 Schuh, Richard said:
>Does anyone know of a program to create an XLS file from a text file on CMS?
>The
>file can be sent as a CSV file attached to an e-mail; however, opening the CSV
>file with Excel or other spreadsheet programs exposes a few formatting
>problems/inconsistencies that must be fixed by manual manipulation.

I have a Q&D Rexx exec that was work I did to create an XML file for use in
Excel.  It opens just fine in Excel 2007 & higher, and I think in 2003 with
the the 2007 compatibility patch.  This is not a clean program, no doc
and some options are coded as variables rather than options, so they were real
work in progress.  There are 2 versions, a less developed turn a fixed length
file into XML, and a version you pass a DB2 select statement, and it
turns the resulting output into an XML file.  eg

DB2XML SELECT * from mytable

will turn the table mytable into an XML file.

The DB2 version is much more flushed out, but probably has Marist specific
things in it.  They both are very much early works in progress.

If you are interested, I can send you either or both of them.

>Regards,
>Richard Schuh

/ahw