It doesn't surprise me that it cannot support SPXTAPE. Since SPXTAPE is a CP
command, the emulation must be complete, exact, and transparent to CP. It took
some effort on the part of VSSI before they could support it on emulated tape
drives provided by the very first tape emulation product that called itself
VTAPE.

Regards,
Richard Schuh