The only elaboration I can give is that when I enter the SPXTAPE DUMP command, nothing happens. I don't get any error messages or any of the usual SPXTAPE DUMP messages other than:
SPXTAPE DUMP   INITIATED ON VDEV 0181
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 10:54:41

When I entered the exact same commands, using a 3590 cartridge in a 3494, I see the above plus the usual progress report messages followed by:

SPXTAPE DUMP COMMAND COMPLETED  ON VDEV 0181

Jim

On 4/21/2010 12:30 PM, Edward M Martin wrote:
Hello Jim,

I have been evaluating VTAPE systems.  I am going to query Luminex next.
Can you elaborate on the SPXTAPE problem?

Ed Martin
Aultman Health Foundation
330-363-5050
ext 35050

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:ib...@listserv.uark.edu] On
Behalf Of Jim Bohnsack
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 11:42 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Luminex vtape

We have Luminex vtape.  The Luminex code provides tape support emulating

IBM 3590 drives with the actual hardware being on Sun dasd.  Everything=20
seems to work with the exception of SPXTAPE.  Does anyone else have=20
Luminex vtape?  Has anyone found anything that does not work?

Jim

--=20
James Bohnsack
(972) 596-6377 home/office