Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 07:50:14 -0600
From: scott.rohl...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Question About File RDR
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

Put a double quote  ( " )  in front of PIPE ---   the whole PIPE command needs
to be contained within either double or single quotes.

Scott Rohling

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Sergio Lima <sergiovm...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

First, thanks very much from your help, but may be I do some mistake here, my
REXX now is :

/*   */
TRACE R
DO FOREVER
  'WAKEUP  (RDR '

  IF RC = 4 THEN DO
/*  "CP Q R * ALL" */

 PIPE CP Q RDR ALL | drop 1 |  take 1 | specs w 10 1 | var $name tracking"

When try run received this :

     3 *-* DO FOREVER
     4 *-*  'WAKEUP  (RDR '
       >>>    "WAKEUP  (RDR "
       +++ RC(4) +++
     6 *-*  IF RC = 4
       >>>    "1"
       *-*   THEN
       *-*   DO
     7 *-*    /*  "CP Q R * ALL" */
DMSREX460E Error 13 running EXPLIST EXEC, line 8: Invalid character in program

Thanks,

Sergio

“PIPE CP Q RDR ALL | drop 1 |  take 1 | specs w 10 1 | var $name tracking “

This may work.

Jim Hughes

603-271-5586

"It is fun to do the impossible."