On Tuesday, 06/22/2010 at 01:54 EDT, Troy A Slaughter <t...@ntrs.com>
wrote:
> I've cloned a VM sysres volume.  I then linked to it's maint CF1 mdisk
and made
> changes.   I brought up my cloned
> SYSRES second level and all looked OK to a casual inspection.  However,
when I
> attempt to add a new user via
> Dirmaint. Dirmaint is fine, but RACF doesn't like things. If I do a RACF

> LISTUSER on the guest I just added via DIRMAINT,
> RACF cannot 'see' it.

This indicates that your CONFIGxx DATADVH file does not have USE_RACF=YES.
 Otherwise DIRMAINT would have issued the ADDUSER for you and the LISTUSER
would show it.

> I know that I could rebuild the RACF database or create a
> VMXEVENT
> to ignore SPOOL and TAG.  My question is why is it occurring at all. Is
there a
> RACF system value that I need to be alert of
> when cloning a VM Sysres? Something maybe that points to the old system
and
> it's name.  I changed the system name of
> the VM OS while I was in the CF1 mdisk.  RACF error is below:
>
> dirm add VSWCTRL1
> RPIMGR031E RESOURCE DIRMAINT SPECIFIED BY SPOOL COMMAND NOT FOUND
> RPIMGR031E RESOURCE TNTVM02 SPECIFIED BY TAG COMMAND NOT FOUND
> PUN FILE 0131 SENT TO   DIRMAINT RDR AS  0112 RECS 0019 CPY  001 0
NOHOLD NOKEEP

This tells me that you are likely operating with the default RACF database
where the VMRDR class is inactive.

Bottom line, I think you're picking up the wrong volumes.  Double-check
the 1st level RDEVs on your clone user ID and make sure that the MDISKs
are on the correct RDEVs on the 2nd level system.