I cloned again and still got the same type of error.  I ultimately opened
a question with IBM.  They suggested that I check for the existence of
either a WHERETO DATADVH or ACCESS DATADVH file.  I looked on my
second-level dirmaint and found the WHERETO DATADVH.  The contents
were:

DIRMAINT TNTVM01  69418462 82619793

TNTVM01 was the name of the 1st level VM environment.  First, I renamed
the file.  I went back to maint and tried
a DIRM command.  The command errored out because it needs to 'see' the
WHERETO file.  I went back, changed the name of the
file back.  I altered the name of the system to what I wanted it to be.  I
went back to maint and tried DIRM command again.  Now
it is working.  Just in case anybody else has this particular problem.

Troy Slaughter | Software Consultant | Mainframe Platform Engineering
840 South Canal, Chicago, Illinois, 60607 | Phone 312-557-6322 | Cell
312-208-3735 | t...@ntrs.com
Please visit northerntrust.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication is confidential, may be
privileged and is meant only for the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender ASAP and delete this
message from your system.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE: To the extent that this message or any attachment
concerns tax matters, it is not intended to be used and cannot be used by
a taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by
law. For more information about this notice, see
http://www.northerntrust.com/circular230

Alan Altmark <alan_altm...@us.ibm.com>
06/22/2010 04:15 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: DIRMAINT /RACF adduser  error

On Tuesday, 06/22/2010 at 01:54 EDT, Troy A Slaughter <t...@ntrs.com>
wrote:
> I've cloned a VM sysres volume.  I then linked to it's maint CF1 mdisk
and made
> changes.   I brought up my cloned
> SYSRES second level and all looked OK to a casual inspection.  However,
when I
> attempt to add a new user via
> Dirmaint. Dirmaint is fine, but RACF doesn't like things. If I do a RACF

> LISTUSER on the guest I just added via DIRMAINT,
> RACF cannot 'see' it.

This indicates that your CONFIGxx DATADVH file does not have USE_RACF=YES.
Otherwise DIRMAINT would have issued the ADDUSER for you and the LISTUSER
would show it.

> I know that I could rebuild the RACF database or create a
> VMXEVENT
> to ignore SPOOL and TAG.  My question is why is it occurring at all. Is
there a
> RACF system value that I need to be alert of
> when cloning a VM Sysres? Something maybe that points to the old system
and
> it's name.  I changed the system name of
> the VM OS while I was in the CF1 mdisk.  RACF error is below:
>
> dirm add VSWCTRL1
> RPIMGR031E RESOURCE DIRMAINT SPECIFIED BY SPOOL COMMAND NOT FOUND
> RPIMGR031E RESOURCE TNTVM02 SPECIFIED BY TAG COMMAND NOT FOUND
> PUN FILE 0131 SENT TO   DIRMAINT RDR AS  0112 RECS 0019 CPY  001 0
NOHOLD NOKEEP

This tells me that you are likely operating with the default RACF database
where the VMRDR class is inactive.

Bottom line, I think you're picking up the wrong volumes.  Double-check
the 1st level RDEVs on your clone user ID and make sure that the MDISKs
are on the correct RDEVs on the 2nd level system.

<<image/jpeg>>