I use an exit in "node" DTCPARMS that checks the DR status using the CPU serial
number, e.g.

.*-----------------------------------------------------------------------
.* Add user exit to stack startup
.*-----------------------------------------------------------------------
:nick.TCPIP    :type.server  :class.stack
               :exit.DRCHECK

.*-----------------------------------------------------------------------
.* Add user exit to MPROUTE startup
.*-----------------------------------------------------------------------
:nick.MPROUTE  :type.server  :class.mproute
               :exit.DRCHECK

The exit is specific to our environment, so I won't post it.  It calls another
EXEC that determines whether we're in DR by checking the CPU serial number.
The operator is also prompted at system startup to tell the system whether
we're in a DR test or real disaster.  DR tests are conducted behind a firewall,
so we use different OSA's for test and real DR.  For the stack, it copies a DR
version of PROFILE TCPIP to TCPIP 191.  For MPROUTE, it returns ":Config." with
the name of the appropriate MPROUTE CONFIG file.  We don't use SYSTEM NETID or
SYSTEM CONFIG to change the node name for DR, because we have things that are
dependent on the node name.

                                           Dennis

"If I could not go to heaven but with a [political] party, I would not go there
at all." -- Thomas Jefferson