What about
 CP SEND RSCS RSCS START xxx
Then it is RSCS itself that starts the link,
Or to complete what Mike mentions (and what I regularly used, not only for
RSCS)
 CP FOR OPERATOR CMD SMSG RSCS START xxx
or, a bit old fashioned
 CP SEND CP OPERATOR SMSG RSCS START xxx
for RSCS the 2 commands above come from OPERATOR, not your userid.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support