actually I should have said for the BFS - byte file system
but you still need the SFS system up

munson
201-418-7588

From:   Marty Penhorwood <mpenhorw...@agfinance.com>
To:     IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Date:   09/21/2010 02:14 PM
Subject:        TCP2PROD Failure
Sent by:        The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

Hope someone out there has seen this one before.  In attempting to do the

PUT2PROD for RSU1002, we are receiving the following error messages:

****  TCP2PROD  TCPBFS              User ID:  MAINT                 ****

****  PPF Name: SERVP2P             Comp. Name: TCPIPP2P            ****

****  ------------------------------------------------------------  ****

****  Catalog File:                 5VMTCP40 CATALOG I1             ****

****  Date: 20 Sep 2010             Time: 17:04:09                  ****

ST:DTCPRD3021I TCP2PROD processing started

ST:DTCPRD3018I No options in effect

ST:DTCPRD3040I Issuing command:

ST:            VMFSIM QUERY SERVP2P PPF TDATA :COMPNAME TCPIPP2P :PRODID
(STEM !
ST:DTCPRD3006I Product ID in effect: 5VMTCP40%TCPIP

ST:DTCPRD3012I Obtaining PPF :DCL. information...

ST:DTCPRD3019I Processing file(s) for: <BFS>

ST:              LDAPSRV LOADBFS I   -->> <BFS>

CK:RC=0 from EXEC OPENVM UNMOUNT /

CK:ERROR:  RC=99 obtaining QUERY ENROLL information for LDAPSRV VMSYS

WN:DTCPRD3038E LOADBFS command completed with RC = 1

SV:DTCPRD3021E TCP2PROD processing completed with RC = 8

We have a vanilla z/VM 5.4 system that is hosting only SuSe Linux images,

nothing else.  We are running only bare-bones VM 'stuff' -- no RACF, no
DIRMAINT, no LDAP server, etc.  So, why should I be getting this error?
tried bypassing the entry for the LDAP server in the CATALOG file, and st
ill
get this error.  Thanks for any help you can give.

Marty

*************************** IMPORTANT
NOTE*****************************-- The opinions expressed in this
message and/or any attachments are those of the author and not
necessarily those of Brown Brothers Harriman & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates ("BBH"). There is no guarantee that
this message is either private or confidential, and it may have
been altered by unauthorized sources without your or our knowledge.
Nothing in the message is capable or intended to create any legally
binding obligations on either party and it is not intended to
provide legal advice. BBH accepts no responsibility for loss or
damage from its use, including damage from virus.