What virtual machine is this being issued from?

On 09/21/2010 02:29 PM, Jim Bohnsack wrote:
I've been fighting with this problem since the early part of August. I just ran it and here's the LDAPSRV LBFSLOG:

Executed GLOBAL LOADLIB SCEERUN
RC=0 from EXEC OPENVM UNMOUNT /
Unmounted /
Adjusted LDAPSRV in VMSYS LDAPSRV system . 2 1800
Adjusted directory /../VMBFS:VMSYS:LDAPSRV/ LDAPSRV . .
Mounted /../VMBFS:VMSYS:ROOT/ as /
Executed EXEC OPENVM SET DIR  /
DMSOVO2132E Error obtaining UID or GID. Database not available
ERROR:  RC=104 from EXEC OPENVM OWNER /var/ldap system root

Following is the PUT2PROD $CONS from where the trouble starts:

DTCPRD3040I Issuing command:
            VMFSIM QUERY SERVP2P PPF TDATA :COMPNAME TCPIPP2P :PRODID (STEM !VMF

DTCPRD3006I Product ID in effect: 5VMTCP40%TCPIP
DTCPRD3012I Obtaining PPF :DCL. information...
DTCPRD3019I Processing file(s) for: <BFS>
              LDAPSRV LOADBFS I   -->> <BFS>
RC=0 from EXEC OPENVM UNMOUNT /
DMSOVO2132E Error obtaining UID or GID. Database not available
ERROR:  RC=104 from EXEC OPENVM OWNER /var/ldap system root
DTCPRD3038E LOADBFS command completed with RC = 1
DTCPRD3021E TCP2PROD processing completed with RC = 8
VMFP2P1965E The command, TCP2PROD SERVP2P TCPIPP2P 5VMTCP40 TCPBFS, failed with
            return code 8
VMFP2P2760I PUT2PROD processing completed unsuccessfully for TCPIP
VMFP2P2760I PUT2PROD processing completed unsuccessfully

And, yes, I do have SFS and BFS as well as VMSERVS, R, and U running. I installed z/VM 5.4 2 years ago and this is the only problem I've had with it. I am running RACF but don't know enough about what to ask to find out what OPENVM thing is missing. That's where IBM seems to think the problem is.

Jim

--
Rich Smrcina
Velocity Software, Inc.

Catch the WAVV! http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2011 - April 15-19, 2011 Colorado Springs, CO