> Now I'm trying to figure out how to define a virtual CTC between CP and
the 2nd level VM.

Mark, it is easy.

On first level, define one Virtual CTC (FCTC, SCTC) into TCPIP (or another
capable machine) to connect to second level VM.

On second level VM, define and couple the Virtual CTC to first level TCPIP
before his IPL (COMMAND into Directory is a good place to set it).
After the IPL, DEDICATE the CTC (the second level thinks it is a REAL CTC)
to his TCPIP machine.
Done, you have the two TCPIPs connected by CTCs...

Work fine also  for VTAM machines, RSCS, PVM, zOS and so long...

Clovis Pereira

  From:       Mark Pace <pacemainl...@gmail.com>

  To:         IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

  Date:       04/10/2010 10:06

  Subject:    Re: z/VM ISFC links

  Sent by:    The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

Real CTC link are working between LPARs.
I have a 2nd level VM that I dedicated a CTC address to that is also
talking to the other LPAR.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to define a virtual CTC between CP and the
2nd level VM.
CP DEFINE CTC is for a virtual machine.
VMA = LPAR
VMB = 2nd level VMA guest