We have no issues coming up w/ this

q dasd 540res
DASD 8000 CP OWNED  540RES   496
DASD 8006 540RES
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 11:45:43

             Bob Bates
             <robert.ba...@wel
             lsfargo.com>                                               To
             Sent by: The IBM          IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
             z/VM Operating                                             cc
             System
             <ib...@listserv.u                                     Subject
             ARK.EDU>                  Re: Duplicate VOLSERs at IPL

             10/20/2010 12:38
             PM

             Please respond to
               The IBM z/VM
             Operating System
             <ib...@listserv.u
                 ARK.EDU>

How about putting a 2nd config file on the CF1, something like PREMNT
CONFIG. The SYSTEM CONFIG has Offline_at_IPL of the backup packs, PREMNT
has Offline of the new packs. If the IPL doesn’t work, IPL and use
fn=PREMNT on the SAPL.

If everything works as planned the volumes can be brought online and
relabeled.

Bob Bates
robert.ba...@wellsfargo.com
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you
must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or
any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please
advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.
Thank you for your cooperation.