Mark;
This happens when a VM terminal defined as  CONSOLE (01F in this case)
wasn't defined in NIPCON into zOS MVSCP (imbed in zOS IOCP).
For zOS initialize his console correctly it must be defined in IOCP, NIPCON
and also in CONSOLxx (PARMLIB).
When not in NIPCON, we can use the "VINPUT VMSG" to reply NIP (Nucleus
Initialization Program) messages, and if this address are valid in IOCP and
CONSOLxx it "becomes normal" when Address Space "CONSOLE" starts.
Years ago this symptom was frequent when zOS works under VM; occurs rarely
nowadays due migration of zOS to its own LPARs...
Clovis

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>

  |Mark Pace <pacemainl...@gmail.com>

|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>

  |IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU

|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>

  |01/11/2010 12:31

|------------>
| Subject:   |

  |Re: Reply CONSOLE when run ZOS under ZVM

| Sent by:   |

  |The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

I don't know why you are seeing a CP READ for a z/OS prompt.
Is this terminal defined to z/OS as a console?

Since it's in a CP READ you may try entering Begin.  then try the R 0,I

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Sergio Lima <sergiovm...@hotmail.com>