Check 5VMTCP40 for a 490 link to MAINTSYS 490 which links to Maint 190

I got a similar error putting on maintenance the other week and this was
the problem.

I did not have a 490 link in 5VMTCP40.

As soon as I defined it, everything was fine.

Tom Huegel <tehue...@gmail.com>
11/05/2010 05:33 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
LOCAL MOD REWORK ???

I am trying to apply some PTF's but get the following:
VMFSUI2760I VMFSUFIN processing completed with warnings for product
5VMCPR40%CP
VMFSUI2760I VMFSUFIN processing incomplete due to local modifications or
customized parts
VMFSUI1211I A Local Modification Restart Record has been created for
package VPTF6329 in the System-Level Restart Table
VMFSRV2310W Service restart file, SERVICE $RESTART A, has been created due
to local modifications. Rework the local modifications,
            and restart SERVICE using the following command:
            SERVICE RESTART
VMFSRV2760I SERVICE processing incomplete due to local modifications or
customized parts
Ready(00006); T=23.39/24.28 13:31:26

I went through the service guide and did the rework (actually the local
source fix was OK).
But I stil get the same error when I try to restart the service.
Any tips ??

Thanks