To check what has to be done:
  VMFBLD PPF ZVM CP (STATUS    (whereSTATUS is even default)
  (But, I'd say SERVICE should have found any build requirements, and not
only for CP)

To build all that is required
  VMFBLD PPF ZVM CP (SERVICED

To build CPLOAD, in any case:
   (a long command, that I have in my 1993 dated BLDCP EXEC, can maybe be
shortened nowadays)
  VMFBLD PPF ZVM CP CPLOAD * NUCTARG MODULE MODNAME CPLOAD RLDSAVE (ALL

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support