ty, Kris:

Have to run to renew my drivers license but I will give it a shot
tomorrow.

It makes sense.

Kris Buelens <kris.buel...@gmail.com>
11/11/2010 04:41 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Streamlining the IPL

Still no definitive answer
By default, SYSC is the last entry in the list of operator consoles in
SYSTEM CONFIG.  This means that when CP doesn't find a 3270 console from
the list op operator consoles, it uses SYSC.
In second level, it means line mode emulated by the first level VM
system.  And there the TERM settings of the first level will be used.

If the address of the virtual console of the user in which you start the
second level VM is in the list of SYSTEM CONFIG, then indeed your IPL 125B
will make the second level work in 3270 mode.

If you don't understand what I try to explain in few words, try what I
tell
 Q V CONS#SYSTEM RESET#TERM CONMODE 3270
 IPL 125B LOADPARM CONSnnnn
Then you tell your second level CP to use "nnnn" as console, and TERM
CONMODE 3270 will be honored.