From:       Brian France <b...@psu.edu>
To:         IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Date:       11/17/2010 03:33 PM
Subject:    A how to ?...
Sent by:    The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

Folks,
     Our storage folks have come across a dasd volume that apparently by
it's name was one of our VM volumes. Now, none of my 3 vm's have this
volume on line and I would like to just have a look see as to what was on
the volume. Is there a utility to do this? We have Vmdirect but I don't
believe by adding this volume into the pool a map is going to give me
anything since no users have it. IF this was z/OS, I would simply use ISPF
3.4 to list the contents of the volume and this is what I was wondering
about, it something like that existed in z/VM. Maybe this is something that
can't be done due to the nature of it all. Thanx in advance...

Brian W. France
Systems Administrator (Mainframe)
Pennsylvania State University
Administrative Information Services - Infrastructure/SYSARC
Rm 25 Shields Bldg., University Park, Pa. 16802
814-863-4739
b...@psu.edu

"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."

Carl Sagan