Cool...   I'll try that...

I can see a use for GRANTs when the define is done by command. You need to know it's really allowed. But if it's in the directory, hopefully only authorized people can update the directory, so why should they have to update 2 things?

Thanks all!!
Lee

On 12/7/2010 8:29 PM, Marcy Cortes wrote:
Add the couple command in there too.
Marcy.  Sent from my BlackBerry.

----- Original Message -----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System<IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU<IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
Sent: Tue Dec 07 21:25:07 2010
Subject: [IBMVM] Vswitch Grant as a CMD in User's Directory?

It seems to me...

Rather than putting a Vswitch Grant for each Linux guest somewhere like
AUTOLOG1's PROFILE EXEC, I thought I'd try putting a
      CMD SET VSWITCH VSW1 GRANT&USERID
in the directory profile for the Linux guests...

Alas, it seems that the GRANT isn't processed till after the NIC / LAN
connection is attempted.  I thought I understood that CMDs in the
directory entry were processed before the user was logged on...

Did I misunderstand or???

Thanks,
Lee

--