All directory statements are processed *during* logon..  But, as you can
observe: the statement defining the virtual IO configuration are processed
before the CMD statements.
You could fix this chicken&egg problem by defining the NIC via CMD
statements too.

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support