It has a robust POSIX feature set too.  The only thing "wrong" is how
fork() works, and there are substantial constructive reasons for that.
 It's up to us to use it or lose it.

To this day, CMS is the single most efficient runtime environment
available.  One can only hope that the newbes who bring up z/VM for
the sake of hypervisor hosting of Linux (and maybe VSE or even z/OS)
will discover "oh ... look at this!".

Rick Troth
Velocity Software
http://www.velocitysoftware.com/