Would PIPSTOP cancel the SFS command (or any CP/CMS command for that
matter)? If so then you could use PIPSTOP to end the pipeline. Just a
theory, not tested in any way...

'PIPE (end \) command LISTDIR ...',  /* execute command */
'| stem',                            /* store */
'\ literal +60',                     /* 60 seconds */
'| delay',                           /* wait for it */
'| pipstop'                          /* cancel command */

Regards, Berry.