Moving this question from CMS-PIPELINES to IBMVM, since I am assured by
John Hartmann that it cannot be done with CMS Pipelines.  Anyone figured

out how to get it to time out?

Sender:       CMSTSO Pipelines Discussion List <CMS-
pipeli...@vm.marist.edu>
From:         "Ackerman, Alan" <alan.acker...@bankofamerica.com>
Subject:      Time out a CMS command

Is there a PIPELINE idiom to force a CMS command to timeout after a
certain length of time?

I am issuing:

'PIPE command LISTDIR SFSLNB00:SFSADMIN.GETSMTP | stem emsg.'

Occasionally (about once a week), this hangs for a long time (18 hours
the last time) and then returns with RC = 55.

I can live with RC=55, but not with my virtual machine being tied up fo
18 hours. (There are other VMSCHED jobs it should be running.)