Colin,

I'm reminded of that old saying, "When the only tool you have is a
hammer then all of your problems start to look like nails" - When the
only way of doing shared security is via shared datasets then we get
on with it and do the best we can ... but a multi-system-aware server
is (I'm sure you'll agree) the correct solutiuon to the problem.

I thank you for taking the time to comment because you succinctly
describe a real situation in which - given no alternative - one might
well choose to take the shared dataset option. This is all grist to my
mill. :-)

Jeff