On Wednesday, 01/05/2011 at 10:31 EST, Robert Payne <rpa...@tad.org>
wrote:

> Would I be out of line or violating license issues to ask for someone's
copy of
> this EXEC ?  Yes, I have the install DDR tapes for z/VM 5.2 but that
would be
> overkill just to recover one piece of code.
>
> YUP, it was like "BANG !  OUCH !" my gun, my foot.     LOL

Just restore the file from IBM Archive Manager for z/VM.  Oh, wait.... :-)

When you license something, the author/inventor retains all control except
as provided for in the license agreement or in applicable law.  IBM
licenses specifically preclude redistributing the software.  You are
permitted to transfer the software to someone else only as part of a
machine sale.  (See the IPLA license agreement.)

IBM has been known, for things not readily accessible by Development, to
explicitly (in writing) give permission for the transfer of software
directly from one client to another.  In the future, your first stop
should be the Support Center.  (Yeah, even for something as seemingly
simple as a PROFILE EXEC.)

Of course, someone could simply *tell* you what the exec does (in abstract
terms) and you could type it in.  I'm pretty much betting that your
version would be better than the one provided by IBM.  ;-)
1. Find out how full the A disk is and tell the Operator (who cares how
many records?)
2. QUERY RECORDING to find out which type of record you are supposed to
collect
3. Use the RETRIEVE command with the appropriate option.  (Though I would
think that ALL would work since each user ID is only authorized for one
type of record.)

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training