I am not familiar with MAILIT, but are you polling for files?  Is it
possible that the files are being created empty, then the contents written
into them? In that case you could be trying to process them when they
actually are empty, and SFS would not report any error.

You could try creating the files with temporary names that do not get picked
up by the poll, then rename them after they are complete.