For most files V 1 73 is better than  V 1 72, else you can type data in col
73 that get lost when pressing enter....

For ASSEMBLE files, V 1 72 is best: you are not interested in seeing the
sequence nbrs starting in col 73 (and that's XEDIT's default then)

--
Kris Buelens,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support