Alan:

OSAs 9000,1,2 are changing to OSAs 9400,1,2.when we install the z196.

To restore our TCPIP PROFILE EXEC to its original state we should delete
all the attaches, not just the 9000,1,2 which are changing and put them
all in either the TCPIP DIRECTORY entry or DTCPARMS.

A question came up though:

Network managment here seems set on attaching the new OSAs 9400.1.2 not as
old OSAs 9000,1,2 but as themselves, 9400,1,2

If we were to leave the PROFILE EXEC the way it is for now and just put
the new OSA addresses 9400, 1,2 in the TCPIP DIRECTORY entry as themselves
9400, 1,2 (VADDR=RADDR) not as 9000,1,2 do you see any problem with this
after the OSA 9000,1,2 address go away?

Since neatness counts, though, I would think it preferable to just get rid
of all the attaches from the TCPIP PROFILE EXEC and put them in either
TCPIP DIRECTORY or DTCPARMS..

> TCPIP:  PROFILE EXEC
>
> 'Access 198 D'
> 'Access 591 E'
> 'Access 592 F'
> ATT 9000 TCPIP 9000
> ATT 9001 TCPIP 9001
> ATT 9002 TCPIP 9002
> ATT 9100 TCPIP 9100
> ATT 9101 TCPIP 9101
> ATT 9102 TCPIP 9102
> queue "EXEC TCPRUN"

Alan Altmark <alan_altm...@us.ibm.com>
02/23/2011 01:15 PM
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Changing TCPIP PROFILE EXEC

On Wednesday, 02/23/2011 at 11:09 EST, George Henke/NYLIC
<george_he...@newyorklife.com> wrote:
> Alan:
>
> I have moved the COMMAND statements to the top before the INCLUDE
TCPCMSU which
> has DEV  type statements like SPOOL, CONSOLE, LINK and it IPLs CMS.
 Hopefully
> this is correct now.

DIRECTXA is the final arbiter of what's valid.  What's-his-name thinks
he's so smart, but he's not.  Not really.  He's old and feeble.

> But the SYSTEM DTCPARMS is on TCPMAINT's 191 not 198 which is empty.

Doesn't do anyone any good there; the servers don't access TCPMAINT's 191.

 At install time, I think you didn't perform the step 6.2.3.2.45.1253 (in
the tcp/ip program directory) that populates the 198 with samples, and you

didn't use the IP Wizard, which would have placed files on the 592 and the

198.

> Also IBM DTCPARMS is named IBMN DTCPARMS on TCPMAINT's 191:

Since (a) it's on the wrong disk, and (2) it has the wrong name, it just
means nothing is never ever going to read it, so it's just e-trash.  IBM
DTCPARMS lives on TCPMAINT 591, safe and sound, where there is a sign
hanging on the door that says "Warning: Shock hazard.  No user serviceable

parts inside."

> MAINT    FILELIST A0  V 169  Trunc=169 Size=10 Line=1 Col=1 Alt=0

> Cmd   Filename Filetype Fm Format Lrecl    Records     Blocks   Date
Time
>       MPROUTE  CONFIG   T1 F         80         47          1 10/09/09
15:31:10
>       MPROUTES CONFIG   T1 F         80         59          2 10/06/09
11:28:10
>       MPROUTE  CONFOLD  T1 F         80         58          2  8/19/09
11:13:31
>       PROFILE  EXEC     T2 V         73         54          1  8/04/09
12:04:18
>       MPROUTEX CONFIG   T1 F         80         28          1  7/29/09
12:03:46
>       MPROUTEO CONFIG   T1 F         80        472         10  1/23/09
16:33:35
>       XXXXX    CONFIG   T1 F         80         20          1  1/23/09
14:52:04
>       SYSTEM   DTCPARMS T1 F         80        359          8  1/23/09
14:41:15
>       IBMN     DTCPARMS T1 V         73        359          4  1/15/09
14:24:33
>       TCPIPO   DATA     T1 V         73        474          5  1/15/09
12:31:27

> Hope this does not bring Chuckie out.

You're killing me, George.  You're just killing me.  Someone bring me my
pills.....

There's nothing like having copies of config files on your own A-disk
(TCPIP DATA is a good one) so that everything works fine for you, but
aeu418dk not for anyone el....se.... fdsflkjaDSLGw<do not attempt to
adjust your television>cdLJH<gurgle>fa9ujn

At one installation I saw evidence of what appeared to be human remains
(cleaned up with bleach before DNA evidence could be collected), where
someone tried to alter TCPIP's PROFILE EXEC or the IBM DTCPARMS file on
the 591.  It was never explained to my satisfaction.  There was another
case where someone copied the entire contents of IBM DTCPARMS onto SYSTEM
DTCPARMS on the 198, apparently thinking to outfox the system.  The
individual has not been seen for 3 weeks now.  But go ahead.  Do what you
want.  Hey.  It's not MY system.

He Who Must Not Be Named
IBM Blab Services
office: 666.555.1212