It wasn't clear to me that you wanted a general-user solution, or an algorithm that would project years ahead, or simply a utility to be run from MAINT.

The general-user, long-range solution is also a Rexx/Pipe SMOP: there are dozens of websites devoted to Daylight Saving Time tables and calculators. RxSockets to the rescue!

-Chip-

On 3/3/11 19:30 Michael Coffin said:
The problem is that the executor would need to have access to MAINT CF1.

-Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On
Behalf Of Chip Davis
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2011 1:38 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Determining Daylight Savings Time Status

Not to take anything away from the solutions already offered, but wouldn't a Rexx exec (or pipe) that reads the SYSTEM CONFIG file be a single-source-data solution? I'd rather depend on the accuracy of an IBM-supplied file than to worry about making sure my (or someone else's) file keeps up with the Congress-critters meddling.

Besides, it's a SMOP.

-Chip-