On 3/3/11 4:23 PM, "Steve Harman" <steve.har...@mutualofomaha.com> wrote:

>We recently added two 10Gb OSA cards to our Z9 to replace our old 1Gb
>cards. I'm trying to figure out how to convert from the old cards to the
>
>new (zVM 5.4), while having an easy backout method.

Add the new RDEVs to the VSWITCHes using MODIFY VSWITCH. Remove the old
RDEVs from the VSWITCHes the same way, or just vary the old devices
offline. Update the SYSTEM CONFIG when you're satisfied everything works.

Backout is as simple as re-adding the old RDEVs and taking the new ones
out. No outage required, and it should be completely transparent to users
(other than things get a LOT faster).