On 3/7/11 8:04 AM, "Steve Harman" <steve.har...@mutualofomaha.com> wrote:

>Did you mean the SET VSWITCH command to change the rdev?  I don't see a
>
>MODIFY VSWITCH command in the book, but I'm not so good at finding the
>
>right commands.

Yeah, sorry. SET VSWITCH. I always have to look that stuff up too.

>Seems like I still need to update TCPI
>and MPROUTE at some point.

Only if your IP address is changing too, and so long as your network
people have been clever and extended the same VLANs to the 10G switch,
there's no technical reason to do that. Lots of political and social
reasons, but nothing really technically meaningful.

Switches deal only with network frames at layer 2, the TCPIP stack and
MPROUTE only datagrams at layer 3. As far as the TCP stack goes, if you
change the VSWITCH RDEV, it doesn't even know (or care) it happened. One
of the really good reasons to attach VM TCPIP to the net via a VSWITCH....