On Monday, 03/07/2011 at 11:10 EST, Alain Benveniste
<a.benveni...@free.fr> wrote:
> ICH520I RACF xxxxx IS ACTIVE.
> Explanation:
> RACF release xxxxx has been successfully initialized.
>
> I removed xautolog autolog2 from raciplxi and I asked VM:Operator to
autolog
> VMSERV* users prior to xautolog autolog2 when the message ICH520I is
met.
> I got a HCP6525E External Security Manager is unavailable.
> ICH520I seems to lie ! :)

It is in there so that we can catch people trying to cheat RACF and
AUTOLOG2.  The only virtual machines that are permitted to start prior to
RACF are the SYSTEM_USERIDs from SYSTEM CONFIG (e.g. OPEREREP, OPERATOR,
etc.).   They run with their CP-given permissions until RACF is up.

AUTOLOG2 should start VM:Operator, which can then bring up the rest of the
system.

If you want something a little "cleaner":
1. Put SYSTEM_USERIDS STARTUP RACFVM in SYSTEM CONFIG
2. Change RACIPLXI EXEC to autolog AUTOLOG1.

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices