On Tuesday, 03/08/2011 at 03:18 EST, Alain Benveniste
<a.benveni...@free.fr> wrote:

> I think to open a pmr for this.

ICH520I *is* somewhat misleading in a VM environment.  It is from the core
RACF/MVS services engine that is started by the RACF/VM "shell".  Only
after the engine is happily running will RACF connect to CP, indicated by
the message
   RACF AUTHORIZATION COMMUNICATIONS INTERFACE READY
being sent to the RACFVM console (not the OPERATOR).

Immediately after that message is issued, RACIPLXI will run.  As shipped
by IBM (it is a customizable exec), RACIPLXI will issue
   RACF initialized - begin startup procedures
You can, of course, modify RACIPLXI to issue your own message.

While looking at source code, I learned that RACF runs RACSVRXI EXEC when
it severs its IUCV connection to CP.  Yes, it's mentioned in the RACF
System Programmer's Guide, but in more of a whisper.  Live and learn....

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices