You should better not place a CP SLEEP in VM:Operator scripts: it will make
the whole VM operator go to wait, and when many message arrive for
VM:operator while it waits, CP's IUCV queue could get full and CP will then
throw them at the console, instead of presenting them to IUCV, where
VM:Operator will find them.  With other words: the extra messages are lost
for VM:Operator's automation.
Better is the code a REXX script in a file with type VMOPER, and then you
can code "TEST WAIT" (if I remember well), that will put only that script in
a wait state.  Maybe the keyword to start a VMOPER differs from the keyword
to start an EXEC.  SPAWN comes in my mind.  It's all a long time ago that I
played with VM:Oper automatisation.