On Thursday, 03/24/2011 at 01:01 EDT, "Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)"
<terry.mar...@cms.hhs.gov> wrote:

> So my question is from my z/Linux side what changes to I need to make
and where
> are these changes reflected In my setup on the z/Linux. Just so you know
my
> z/VM TCP/IP stack is not really being used for the z/Linux guests that
is being
> done within z/Linux in my case RHEL 5.2

You will make NO changes to your Linuxes.  Those on existing subnet A will
remain there and be on VLAN "A".  New ones on Subnet B will be assigned to
VLAN "B".  When a Linux on A and one on B want to talk to each other, the
traffic will flow into the VSWITCH, down the OSA, out of the box, into the
router, and back.

This may generate a requirement to reassign IP addrs so that those two
servers are placed in the same subnet, with no need for traffic to flow
out of the box.

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training