On Friday, 03/25/2011 at 11:35 EDT, "Martin, Terry R. (CMS/CTR) (CTR)"
<terry.mar...@cms.hhs.gov> wrote:
> Thanks Alan, this is what I was looking for. So the Vswitch and the NIC
def for
> the guest does not change correct? It appears that the only thing that
changes
> is at the switch level where it becomes a Trunk connection correct?

1.  The switch port will be reconfigured as a trunk
2.  The port will be authorized to one or more VLANs
3.  There is a "default VLAN id" in the switch.
4.  You will add a VLAN to every SET VSWITCH GRANT (or authorize in your
ESM)

So, you will
DEFINE VSWITCH .... VLAN 666 NATIVE nnn
SET VSWITCH ... GRANT userid VLAN vvv

Where: 666 is some VLAN that is NOT authorized on the trunk.
       nnn is the default VLAN id of the switch
       vvv is the VLAN you want the specified guest to use

Alan Altmark

z/VM and Linux on System z Consultant
IBM System Lab Services and Training
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices