From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On Behalf
Of Tom Huegel
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:37 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: DDR Question

Slight brain fart, I didn't even think of hardware compression duh! I guess the
only real way to to do it is just experimentation.
I still seem to remember a program from long ago, and it may have been a VSE
program, that would tell you how many bytes would go to the tape, in fact I
think it told you how many feet of tape (2400/3400) would be used..

Thanks guys.

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Tom Duerbusch